|The Oasis Canteen|
|Disney's Hollywood Studios|
|Restaurant Type||Quick Service Stand|
|Menu Type||Chicken Nuggets|
|Formally Known As||The Dip Site (2000-2010)|
What is today known as the Oasis Canteen originally opened as the "Dip Site" in 2000 (see reference)  . The name of the quick service stand came from the fact aht when it opened, the location sold snow cones. To tie in with the nearby Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular! and the excavation site themeing that surrounds the attraction, the entrance sign for the "Dip Site" clearly used to read "Dig Site", before the "g" was crossed out and replaced with a "p" .
Throughout the years, the menu of the Dip Site was tinkered with, eventually settling in to a typical Disney snack menu (popcorn, chips, drinks). These changes made the name of the restaurant nonsensical however, and in the summer of 2010 Disney closed the quick service stand for refurbishment. On June 25, 2010  the stand reopened as the Oasis Canteen, featuring a funnel cake menu .
In 2016, the Oasis Canteen switched its menu from funnel cakes to chicken nuggets .
Click below to see the Oasis Canteen's current menu:
Fun Facts and Trivia
- When stand was known as the Dip Site, the number 1138 could be seen on the sign. This was a reference to George Lucas' first film, and something that the director himself inserted into many of his films as an inside joke.  
- The only evidence of the Dip Site's opening is this Laughing Place report in November 2000 that calls the stand "new" http://www.laughingplace.com/w/legacy/News-PID501440-501451.asp/