Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Staring Aerosmith
Rock 'n' Roller Coaster Staring Aerosmith is an attraction located in Disney's Hollywood Studios
The history of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster began in the early 1990s when the Sunset Boulevard expansion of Disney-MGM Studios was being planned . The original designs for the expansion featured seven different sections, with one section being earmarked for the addition of a roller coaster . Imagineers eventually came up with the idea for "Rocking Rollercoaster". The original track layout for the attraction called for guests to loop over World Drive. Eventually however, this Idea was unused.
Construction on Rock N Roller Coaster began in early 1998, with the track being completed in June. While the attraction was under construction, Disney approached the Rolling Stones about starring in the attraction . Although the Stones were interested, Disney eventually deemed their asking price too high and negotiations ended. In March of 1999, testing began on the attraction with hope that the roller coaster would open in June. On June 12, 1999 Disney announced that Aerosmith would be featured in the attraction (Aerosmith had previously announced their involvement in the project in May of 1999 ). In a press release announcing the decision to incorporate the band into the new roller coaster Walt Disney World President Al Weis noted:
"This thrilling new attraction is a perfect fit for Disney-MGM Studios and its celebration of show business -- film, television, theater, animation and now music, and Aerosmith, with its multi-generational, international appeal and ever-youthful approach to rock 'n' roll music, is a fantastic match for this new thrill ride." 
Despite not yet being open to the public, Aerosmith members Joe Perry and Steven Tyler road the ride together 12 times in a row on June 11, 1999 . Soft openings for the attraction eventually began on June 26, 1999 , with the Grand Opening for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster took place on July 29th 1999. Aerosmith was on hand for the event .
Since its opening in 1999, Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster has not seen any major changes. In 2007 Hanes became the official sponsor of the attraction . On April 19, 2016 interactive posters were added to Rock 'n' Roller Coaster's Queue. These posters display personal messages to guests by using the MyMagic+ StoryMaker technology and syncing with guests MagicBands .
The preshow for Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster begins with guests entering the fictional G-Force Records. Here, guests see the rock band Aerosmith finishing up their latest album. Although the band is happy to see their fans, unfortunately they are late for their concert at the Forum. After hearing a Cast Member’s suggestion, Steven Tyler agrees that guests should come with the band to the concert. Aerosmith's manager then tells guests that he will send a "super stretch limo" to pick them up.
After being invited to the concert, guests are led down what looks like a back alley, to the rides loading area. Here, they board into the 24 seat passenger limo. As the ride begins, guests are launched forward, going from 0 to 60 miles per hour in 2.8 seconds. Each limo has its own unique soundtrack, which blasts guests with Aerosmith music, creating a soundtrack for the attraction. After launching, guests go on a high speed tour of Hollywood, passing icons such as the Hollywood Sign and the Roxy Theatre. The track that the ride takes place on is themed to look like the Los Angeles Area Freeway (Including Interstates 5, 10, and 101), and it includes three inversions (a corkscrew and two roll-over loops). After making their way through Hollywood, the attraction ends with guests arriving at the theater and walking down a red carpet.
Main Attraction 
Each limo on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster has its own unique soundtrack. The songs played for each ride vehicle are (as identified by license plate)
1QKLIMO- "Nine Lives"
UGOBABE- "Love in an Elevator" and "Walk This Way" (This license plate formally read UGOGIRL)
BUHBYE- "Young Lust", "F.I.N.E.*" and "Love in an Elevator"
H8TRFFC- "Back in the Saddle" and "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)"
2FAST4U- "Sweet Emotion (live)"
Fun Facts and Trivia
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster was built on a Cast Member parking lot .
- The Stratocaster guitar at the entrance of the attraction is 40 feet tall .
- Actress Ileana Douglas portrays the band's manager in the pre-show film .
- Some of the lyrics on the attraction have been altered to fit the roller coaster theme (i.e. "Love in an Elevator" has been changed to "Love in a Roller Coaster") .
- There is a sixth limo that is used on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster; however it does not have license plate. The car is rotated with the other five, after several thousand laps .
- The ride's soundtrack formally featured Uncle Joe Benson, a well-known Los Angeles rock DJ .
- While on the first loop in the attraction, guests are pulling five g's. That is two more g's then astronauts experience when a space shuttle lifts off .
- Rock 'n' Roller Coaster's ride vehicles were based on a 1962 Cadillac .
- There are 900 speakers used throughout the attraction .
- In the original Rock 'n' Roller Coaster preshow, Steven Tyler made what appeared to be an obscene hand gesture. In 2016,Disney digitally edited to the original video to remove the gesture .