The backstory for Dino-Bite Snacks , ties in with that of the rest of DinoLand USA. The story begins in 1946, in Diggs County, located somewhere along U.S. Highway 498. Here, a rustic fishing lodge was located and supported by locals and visitors alike. Nearby, Chester and Hester owned a gas station, which provided travelers with basic necessities.
In 1947 however, things changed in Diggs County. An amateur fossil-hunter found dinosaur bones near the fishing lodge, and after showing them to some paleontologists, the group decided to buy the lodge and much of its surrounding land, eventually transforming the area into the Dino Institute.
Due to the creation of the institute, professors and grad students soon flooded to the area, eventually creating a dormitory and fabricate. As a way to make a few extra bucks, the grad students decided to open their cafeteria to the public, eventually erecting a sign atop the building that simply read "RESTAURANT" (later to be modified to RESTAURANTOSAURUS.
At the same time the students created what would eventually be known as Restaurantosaurus, they also opened a roadside stand where tourists could buy ice cream- Dino-Bite Snacks.