The Friar's Nook
The Friar's Nook is a quick service restaurant located in Fantasyland.
The area that is today known as The Friar's Nook opened as Lancer's Inn in early 1973 (although some websites mistakenly name 1971 as the restaurant's opening year) . The restaurant remained essentially the same until it was renamed Gurgi's Munchies and Crunchies following the release of The Black Cauldron in 1986 . The restaurant kept that name until February 13, 1993 when it was renamed Lumiere's Kitchen . The popularity of the Lumiere's Kitchen began to dwindle however, and the dining establishment began to only operate seasonally . Finally, in 2006 Lumiere's Kitchen became one of the McDonald's dining locations located in the Magic Kingdom . At this time, the restaurant was renamed the Village Fry Shoppe. Following the end of Disney's partnership with McDonald's in March 2009, the Village Fry Shoppe closed before eventually reopening as the Friar's Nook on March 26, 2009 . Since that time the restaurant has not seen any major changes.
To see The Friar's Nook's current menu click below:
Fun Facts and Trivia
- According to the Friar's Nook's sign the eatery was established in MLXXI which translates to 1071. This is a reference to the fact that the Magic Kingdom opened on October (10) 1971 .
- The Friar's Nook is named after Friar Tuck from Disney's Robin Hood. Friar Tuck appears on the restaurant's entrance sign.