Yorkshire County Fish Shop
|Yorkshire County Fish Shop|
|The entrance sign for the Yorkshire County Fish Shop. Photo by Harshlight|
|Opening date||October 1, 1999|
|Restaurant Type||Counter Service|
|Menu Type||Fish & Chips|
The Yorkshire County Fish Shop opened on October 1, 1999 . The restaurant originally opened as the Harry Ramsden Fish and Chip Shop just in time for Epcot's millennium celebration . According to Disney historian Jim Korkis, the creation of the quick service stand was a result of the high guest demand for fish and chips at the nearby Rose & Crown .
In 2006 the name of the Harry Ramsden Fish and Chip Shop was changed to Yorkshire County Fish Shop following a refurbishment . Yorkshire County was the location of the original Harry Ramsdens , and despite the name change the restaurant continued under its previous operator. In December 2010, Harry Ramsden ended its sponsorship of the restaurant .
Click below to see the Yorkshire County Fish Shop's current menu:
Fun Facts and Trivia
- On the Yorkshire County Fish Shop's sign, the name Guiseley and the date 1928 can be found. This is a reference to the location and opening date of the first Harry Ramsdens' .