Fountain View Starbucks
Fountain View is a Starbucks location within Innoventions West in Epcot.
The restaurant that is currently known as the Fountain View restaurant opened on October 23, 1982 as the Sunrise Terrace Restaurant. Originally, this quick service restaurant served, "fried fish and shrimp, cornbread muffins, and chef's salads" . Later in the restaurant's history the menu switched to Italian food including pizza 
On November 9, 1993 , as part of CommuniCore's transformation into Innoventions, the Sunrise Terrace Restaurant was closed and divided into two restaurants . The section near the Innoventions Fountain became the FountainView Espresso & Bakery, while the rest of the location became Pasta Pizza Ristorante . Although centrally located, the FountainView Espresso & Bakery never achieved the popularity that Disney had hoped. Due to these slugging sales, in 2001 the FountainView's hours were cut back. Then in in 2006, the location temporarily housed a wine bar for the Epcot Food & Wine Festival.
In August 2007, the FountainView switched its menu so that it now sold ice cream. Shortly after the menu change, the name of the resatuarant was changed to FountainView Ice Cream until April 8, 2013 when the location once again closed for renovations.
On March 22, 2013, Disney announced that the FountainView would become the second in-park Starbucks location in Walt Disney World (the first being the Main Street Bakery) . On September 4, 2013 the new Fountain View (as it is now stylized) Starbucks location officially opened to guests .
In July 2019, Disney announced that the Fountain View Starbucks would be closing as part of Epcot's ongoing transformation, with its last day of operation scheduled to be September 7, 2019 . It is expected that following Fountain View's closure, the Odyssey restaurant will become the park's temporary Starbucks location.
Click below to see Fountain View Starbuck's current menu:
Fun Facts and Trivia
- When the restaurant was known as the Sunrise Terrace Restaurant, there was a moat outside of the seating area 
- ↑ 1983 Birnbaum's Guide to Walt Disney World
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 http://www.yesterland.com/fountainview.html
- ↑ https://d23.com/this-day/fountainview-espresso-bakery-opens-at-epcot/
- ↑ http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/fountain-view-ice-cream/news/22mar2013-fountain-view-ice-cream-closing-in-early-april-for-starbucks-conversion.htm
- ↑ http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/fountain-view-ice-cream/news/03sep2013-photos---inside-the-new-fountain-view-starbucks-at-epcot.htm
- ↑ https://wdwnt.com/2019/07/breaking-character-spot-club-cool-starbucks-and-more-closing-in-september-for-project-gamma-area-overhaul-at-epcot/
- ↑ http://passport2dreams.blogspot.com/2013/07/one-last-fountainview.html