The Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant is a counter service restaurant located in Tomorrowland
The restaurant that is today known as the Tomorrowland Terrace originally opened in 1973 as the Plaza Pavilion . Located on the border of Main Street USA and Tomorrowland, the Plaza Pavilion originally sold hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza, chicken and soft drinks . During the Plaza Pavilion's history, the restaurant saw a relatively few number of changes. In the early years of the dining location's operation, live musical acts and other entertainment would perform within the pavilion .
In 2005, the Plaza Pavilion was renamed the "Tomorrowland Noodle Station" and the restaurant got a new menu featuring "Asian fusion cuisine" . Due to the lackluster popularity of the Noodle Station, the restaurant began to operate seasonally . In 2009 Disney began offering the Wishes Dessert Party. This up-charge event allows guests to dine on various desserts and watch the Wishes firework show from a reserved area within the restaurant . In November 2011, the location changed its menu once again and was renamed the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant .
In 2017, Disney began offering mobile ordering at the Tomorrowland Terrace .
Click below to see the Tomorrowland Terrace Restaurant's current menu:
Fun Facts and Trivia
- When the Plaza Pavilion (as it was then called) opened, the menu featured a "'Tomorrowland,' 'Fantasyland' or 'Liberty Square' burger, a 'Main Street' hot dog or 'Plaza' French fries" .
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 http://www.omniluxe.net/wyw/pp.htm
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 http://www.florida-project.com/walt-disney-world-photos/magic-kingdom/tomorrowland/tomorrowland-terrace-restaurant
- ↑ http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2009/06/19/magic-kingdom-wishes-dessert-party-announced/
- ↑ http://thedisneyblog.com/2010/11/23/no-more-noodle-station/
- ↑ http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymagicplus/news/16aug2017-mobile-order-rollout-complete-with-the-final-restaurants-at-disneys-hollywood-studios.htm