Casey's Corner originally opened as the "Refreshment Corner" with the rest of the Magic Kingdom on October 1, 1971 . From the time that it opened, the location has been sponsored by Coca-Cola . The Refreshment Corner remained essentially unchanged until May 27, 1995 when the restaurant was renamed Casey's Corner. Based on the Ernest Lawrence Thaye poem "Casey at Bat", as well as the Disney cartoon which took its inspiration from the poem, Casey's Corner was designed to celebrate America's pastime. As part of this new theming, Casey's Corner was decorated with vintage baseball souvenirs and photos. Furthermore, the dining location also featured small bleachers which guests could sit on while they watched classic Disney baseball cartoons .
Casey's Corner remained unchanged until Spring 2014, when the restaurant was closed for refurbishment. At this time, the bleachers and movie screen were removed in order to accommodate expanded indoor seating . At this time, Casey's Corner's exterior seating was also doubled in size and new walkways were added  .
Click below to see Casey Corner's current menu:
Fun Facts and Trivia
- The year 1888 can be seen on Casey Corner's exterior sign. This is a reference to the year that Ernest Lawrence Thaye wrote Casey At Bat .
- The scoreboard in Casey's Corner reflects the score of the baseball game just as Casey came up to bat .
- A photo found in Casey's Corner shows the Imagineering team responsible for the 1995 refurbishment of the restaurant dressed as a baseball team 
- . http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/caseys-corner/news/20feb2014-photos---casey's-corner-to-reopen-with-expanded-indoor-seating-area.html
- Yee, Keven. Walt Disney World Hidden History Second Edition. N.p.: n.p., 2014. Print.