|The exterior of Conservation Station
|Rafiki's Planet Watch
|April 22, 1998
|Disney Genie +
Conservation Station is a large exhibit area that allows guests to get a backstage look at how Disney cares for their animals. Conservation Station also features many informational exhibits about conservation. Exhibits in the Station include:
- The Veterinary Treatment Room- Here animals are cared for by Disney veterinarians, and surgery is sometimes performed in the mornings.
- Food Preparation- Here guests can see how Disney prepares the food it gives to its animals.
- Hatchery- Here guests can see the newest members of Disney's Animal Kingdom.
- Live Animals- Throughout the day, Disney Cast Members bring live animals out to interact with guests.
- Eco-Web- At this exhibit, guests can use touchscreen technology to learn about conservation efforts around the world.
- Song of the Rainforest- In this exhibit, guests sit in a dark room where they are exposed to the various sounds of the rainforest.
- Eco Heroes- In this exhibit, guests can use a video phone to hear the stories of conservation heroes.
- Self-Guided Backstage Tour- In this exhibit, guests can see live video feeds of the animals in their backstage shelters.
- Wildlife Tracking Center- In this exhibit guests use their detective skills to solve wildlife mysteries.
Although there are some permanent exhibits, guest experience varies depending on what is happening at the Station on any given day.
Fun Facts and Trivia
- Inside Conservation Station, guests can find an enormous mural that features over 600 animals.