The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor is a quick service restaurant on Main Street USA in the Magic Kingdom
The restaurant that is today known as the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor opened with the rest of the Magic Kingdom on October 1, 1971 as Borden's Ice Cream Parlor. Initially sponsored by Borden, due to the unexpected popularity of the restaurant, in 1973 waitress service was added . The next major change to the Borden's Ice Cream Parlor came in 1977, when the large seating area in the restaurant was walled off in order to create a new dining location, The Plaza Restaurant.
Since the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor was divided in two, it has seen a relatively few number of changes. In 1981 original sponsor Borden chose not to renew their contract and Sealtest assumed sponsorship of the parlor . In conjunction with the new sponsor, the name of the location was changed to the Sealtest Ice Cream Parlor. Subsequently, in 1993 Sealtest ended their sponsorship of the location and the name was changed to the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor . In 1993, Nestle (initially under subsidy Carnation) assumed sponsorship of the Parlor . The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor is currently sponsored by Edy's, which is also owned by Nestle .
Click below to see the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor's current menu:
Fun Facts and Trivia
- The patio outside of the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor was the original home of the dock for the Plaza Swan Boats 
- The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor has a different "flavor of the month" every month .
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 http://passport2dreams.blogspot.com/2013/03/snapshot-plaza-ice-cream-boat-shuffle.html
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://www.wdwradio.com/2007/12/main-street-ice-cream-parlor/
- ↑ http://disneyparksearchive.com/assets/maps/mk/MK1993VerA.pdf
- ↑ https://www.google.com/search?q=Plaza+Ice+Cream+parlor+sponsored+by+Edy%27s&espv=2&biw=1745&bih=863&source=lnms&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwioz-76n57NAhVn1oMKHQFwCJUQ_AUIBygA&dpr=1.1
- ↑ http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/main-street-ice-cream-parlor/