The Crystal Palace
From The Mickey Wiki: Your Walt Disney World Encyclopedia!
Revision as of 18:22, 20 May 2018 by Mmouse (Talk | contribs) (→Attraction History and Description)
The Crystal Palace is a character dining restaurant located on Main Street USA in the Magic Kingdom
Attraction History and Description
The Crystal Palace opened with the rest of the Magic Kingdom on October 1, 1971. When the restaurant opened it was a cafeteria-style experience . This lasted until 1996 when the format of the dining experience changed to an all-you-can eat buffet featuring character dining . At this time, the restaurant began to be referred to as The Crystal Palace, A Buffet with Character 
Click below to see The Crystal Palace's current menu:
Fun Facts and Trivia
- Locations that influenced the design of the Crystal Palace include: the San Francisco Conservatory of Flowers, England's Kew Gardens and the Crystal Palace in New York .
- Some sources cite the Crystal Palace in Hyde Park, which was initially built to house the Great Exhibition of 1851 as another source of inspiration.
- The Victorian exterior of the Crystal Palace was designed to serve as a transition between Adventureland and Main Street USA 
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 http://www.florida-project.com/walt-disney-world-photos/magic-kingdom/main-street-usa/crystal-palace-restaurant
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 The Imagineering Field Guide to the Magic Kingdom at Walt Disney World: an Imagineer's-Eye Tour Alex Wright - Disney Editions - 2005
- ↑ http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/crystal-palace/
- ↑ http://www.disboards.com/threads/main-street-is-no-place-for-corporate-branding.3019870/page-9
- ↑ http://www.florida-project.com/images/guidemaps/mk/magic-kingdom-guidemap-2000-december-04.jpg