Nine Dragons Restaurant
|Nine Dragons Restaurant|
|The interior of Nine Dragons Restaurant|
|Opening date||October 12, 1985|
|Restaurant Type||Table Service|
|Menu Type||Cantonese, Mongolian, Szechuan, Hunan and Kiangche|
Nine Dragons Restaurant is a table service restaurant in the China pavilion within Epcot.
When China initially opened with the rest of EPCOT Center on October 1, 1982, there was no Chinese restaurant in the pavilion. This was quickly remedied however, when in 1985 the pavilion was expanded into an adjacent plot, which had originally been earmarked for a Denmark pavilion . As part of the expansion, two new restaurants opened, the counter service Lotus Blossom Café on September 24, 1985  and the table service Nine Dragons Restaurant October 12, 1985 .
The first major renovation to Nine Dragons occurred in 2008. As part of the refurbishment, the restaurant's red color scheme was replaced with a more modern, muted tone . At this time, Nine Dragons also got an updated menu. The restaurant reopened to guests on September 25, 2008 .
Click below to see the Nine Dragons Restaurant's current menu:
Fun Facts and Trivia
- The back wall of the Nine Dragons Restaurant features beautiful glass art .
- When guests enter the restaurant they are greeted by a glass etching of 2 dragons chasing a glowing pearl .
- In 2016, in celebration of the "Year of the Monkey", Nine Dragons Restaurant began offering new specialty items on their menu. This new menu was available to guests until January 27, 2017 .
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 https://d23.com/a-to-z/nine-dragons-restaurant/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 http://www.martinsvids.net/?p=414
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2008/09/epcots_nine_dragons_restaurant_1.html
- ↑ https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/epcot/nine-dragons-restaurant/
- ↑ https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2016/01/nine-dragons-restaurant-in-china-pavilion-at-epcot-celebrates-year-of-the-monkey-beginning-feb-8/