Le Cellier Steakhouse
le Cellier Steakhouse is a table service restaurant in the Canada pavilion within Epcot.
|Le Cellier Steakhouse|
|The entrance to Le Cellier Steakhouse. Photo by Theme Park Tourist|
|Opening date||October 1, 1982|
|Restaurant Type||Table Service|
|Formally Known As||Le Cellier (1982-1997)|
Le Cellier Steakhouse originally opened on October 1, 1982 along with the rest of the Canada pavilion . Located in the Hotel du Canada (the focal point of the Canada pavilion), Le Cellier's menu originally consisted of typical Canadian cuisine such as "salmon, maple-syrup pie, and rhubarb cobbler" , which was served "buffeteria style" . In 1994 however the restaurant closed for extensive refurbishments. When Le Cellier reopened on June 25, 1995, it featured a menu dedicated to deli sandwiches and salads. Due to the lack of popularity, this menu proved to be short-lived and on July 20, 1997, Le Cellier became a full service steakhouse. Since its conversion to a table service restaurant, Le Cellier Steakhouse has seen a relatively few number of changes. The menu was updated in 2011, as the restaurant received "signature dining" status from Disney . Subsequently, in 2013 Le Cellier was given an all day menu, eliminating the lunch menu that had previously been offered .
Click below to see Le Cellier Steakhouse's current menu:
Fun Facts and Trivia
- Le Cellier is designed to resemble a wine cellar .
- Each section of Le Cellier's dining room is named after one of Canada's thirteen provinces or territories . The areas are marked by emblems of the location that they are named after.
- At 11:30am the staff of Le Cellier welcomes guests to the restaurant by performing O'Canada .
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 https://d23.com/a-to-z/le-cellier/
- ↑ The EPCOT explorer's encyclopedia: R. Pedersen - Epcyclopedia Press - 2011
- ↑ http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/le-cellier-steakhouse/news/01mar2011-le-cellier-steakhouse-dinner-becomes-'signature-dining'---see-the-new-menu.htm
- ↑ http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/le-cellier-steakhouse/news/15jan2013-le-cellier-to-offer-single-all-day-menu-from-tomorrow.htm
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 http://land.allears.net/blogs/jackspence/2012/04/canada_pavilion_part_two_1.html