Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes
|Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes|
|Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes on the Rivers of America|
|Attraction type||Canoe Ride|
|Opening date||October 1, 1971|
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes was an attraction in Frontierland at the Magic Kingdom.
History and Description
Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes opened with the rest of the Magic Kingdom on October 1, 1971 . On the attraction, guests boarded 35 foot long wooden canoes and embarked from Frontierland to tour the Rivers of America . On the Explorer Canoes, guests followed the same path as the Mike Fink Keel Boats and the Liberty Square Riverboats around Tom Sawyer Island. The boats were piloted by two cast members who wore coonskin caps and told punny jokes (similar to the skippers on the Jungle Cruise), as guests paddled the canoes. Along the way, these cast members would also point out various sights on the Rivers of America, such as the Beacon Joe, the burning settler cabin, and the Indian Village .
The Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes ran relatively unchanged until the winter of 1993, when the attraction permanently closed.
Fun Facts and Trivia
- Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes was a "C-Ticket" attraction when in operation .
- Each canoe on Davy Crockett's Explorer Canoes seated twenty guests 
- ↑ https://d23.com/a-to-z/davy-crocketts-explorer-canoes/
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 https://waltdatedworld.com/id185.htm
- ↑ Lou Mongello. WDW Radio Show #241 – Walt Disney World Opening Day Attractions – The Skyway and Davy Crockett Explorer Canoes. September 25, 2011